Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Hostess Coaching Basics


(Adapted from Shelley Colson)

Coaching your Facebook Party Hostess

Most consultants would probably agree that your hostess can make or break your party. Their involvement and excitement is HUGE! Helping your hostess be the best hostess that she can be is called “hostess coaching” and it definitely pays off. Here are some basics to keep in mind:

HOSTESS PACKET

Make sure you keep in touch with your hostess.  If the party is scheduled in advance (I know we all have last minute parties set up), touch base about a week before the party.  Let her know how EXCITED you are about her party!! Remember, your enthusiasm is contagious through this entire process! 

If you have time before the online party or if your party is local, set your Hostess up with a Hostess Packet.  You can include the following items (remember, this is just a guide! Send whatever you feel comfortable sending!)

  • Thank You note  
  • 2-3 catalogs 
  • 5-10 business cards with samples taped to them
  • Host/Join brochure
  • A half sheet of wraps (if she doesn’t already have some!!) so the Hostess can be wearing and showing off the wraps.

DAY BEFORE PARTY STARTS

The day before the party starts I let the hostess know that I will be adding her to her party group later that day. I send her the “How to be an Amazing Hostess” graphic to look over and let her know to wait until later to start messaging her friends……


I then add the hostess to her Facebook party group. I message the group URL to her and let her know she can go in and begin to add her friends. There are two schools of thought on how many friends to invite: 1) people want to be included but when you invite 200 people, they are less likely to participate or even pop into the event/group thinking that there are enough people who will shop the party for their friend. But on the other hand…2) you never really know who will be interested in shopping! Use your judgement on what will work best for you and your hostess.

One thing I always stress is to try not to just add people to a group party. It’s just rude. I know that event invites get lost in FB land sometimes but I personally get invited to some kind of party EVERY DAY. I don’t even go in all of them anymore! A personal invitation always gets me more involved. You can have your hostess do a group message to her friends with the group link or letting them know they have an event invite and then send personal messages to 20-30 people those she really thinks will be interested and attend for her. Keep in mind that sending out several of the same messages at once can land someone in FB jail so have her just send out a few at a time and pace the messages out over several hours or so.



Hostess Invite Post Ideas for posting in the party:

  1. Hey Ladies! I want to invite you all to join me in some fun! If I added you, I thought you would be interested, if I was wrong feel free to "leave group" (I won't be offended;)). If you ARE interested, stick around and (tag) Consultant or myself will answer any questions you have. Yay! 
  2. Hi, friends and family. You're officially invited to my online Jamberry Nails party! I just discovered Jamberry nail wraps and I am seriously geeking out! Come geek out with me! I hand-picked you because I thought you might be interested, OR because I know you have daughters who might be interested, OR because I always invite you to everything even if you're not interested because you're you and I'm me and we're us. If you're not interested, please feel free to leave the group. I won't be offended. If you ARE interested, stick around to play games, win giveaways, get free samples, spend way too much time browsing the available nail wrap designs, and geek out with me. Our lovely consultant extraordinaire is (tag) CONSULTANT, and she and I will be on hand to answer any questions you may have. (This is what the lovely Becky Frame posted in her party! :) )
  3. Hello ladies! You're officially invited to my online Jamberry Nails party!  I just discovered Jamberry nail wraps and I am seriously in love with this product! 
  4. I hand-picked you because I thought you might be interested, or because I know you have daughters or friends or sisters who might be interested, or you're already a fan of Jamberry and want some new designs. Or, if you're not interested, please feel free to leave the group. I won't be offended. If you ARE interested, stick around to play games, win giveaways, get FREE samples, or just spend way too much time browsing the available nail wrap designs. Our lovely consultant is (tag) consultant, and she and I will be on hand to answer any questions you may have.

DURING THE PARTY

    • Remind the hostess to post pics of her Jams in both the party group and her personal Facebook.
    • Ask her to tag friends in a few specific posts along the way. I usually have her do the sample request, a game in the beginning of the party (like PersoNAILity), and in Bingo or whatever game you end up playing.
    • Ask her to pass the catalog around to friends and family as much as possible.

      2 comments: